General revision tips are on this page.
Information on how to answer Science exam questions (including the six mark questions and calculations) are on this page.
All of the links below work best if you download the PowerPoint file, rather than viewing through Google Slides. All resources are those I have used to teach, so they’re mainly my own with the odd slide / photo / image / question set that I’ve borrowed from elsewhere, and are provided here as a revision aid for students.
General science resources:
Edexcel GCSE Science / Physics links:
If you started Year 11 in September 2016 and will receive a letter grade (A, B, C etc.) then the resources in this section are for you. Scroll down if not…
Resources updated 23.05.16
- Visible Light and the Solar System (not much in this folder as I did not teach this): http://bit.ly/JPDPhysP1_1
- The Electromagnetic Spectrum: http://bit.ly/JPDPhysP1_2X
- Waves and the Universe: http://bit.ly/JPDPhysP1_3x
- Waves and the Earth: http://bit.ly/JPDPhysP1_4
- Generation and Transmission of Electricity: http://bit.ly/JPDPhysP1_5
- Energy and the Future: http://bit.ly/JPDPhysP1_6
- Static and Current Electricity: http://bit.ly/JPDPhysP2_1
- Controlling and Using Electrical Currents: http://bit.ly/JPDPhysP2_2
- Motions and Forces: http://bit.ly/JPDPhysP2_3
- Momentum, Energy, Work and Power: http://bit.ly/JPDPhysP2_4
- Nuclear Fission and Fusion: http://bit.ly/JPDPhysP2_5
- Uses and Dangers of Radiation: http://bit.ly/JPDPhysP2_6
- Radiation in Treatment and Medicine: http://bit.ly/JPDPhysP3_1
- X-Rays and ECGs: http://bit.ly/JPDPhysP3_2
- Production, Uses and Risks of Ionising Radiation from Radioactive Sources: http://bit.ly/JPDPhysP3_3
- Motion of Particles: http://bit.ly/JPDPhysP3_4
- Kinetic Theory and Gases: http://bit.ly/JPDPhysP3_5
New (9-1) AQA GCSE Physics / Science Links:
If you started Year 10 in September 2016 and will achieve a numbered grade (9 to 1) then these resources are for you.
Resources updated 8.11.16
- Topic P1 Conservation and Dissipation of Energy (recap lessons only): http://bit.ly/JPDAQAPhysP1
- Topic P2 Energy Transfer by Heating (recap lessons only): http://bit.ly/JPDAQAPhysP2
- Topic P3 Energy Resources: http://bit.ly/JPDAQAPhysP3
- Topic P4 Electric Circuits: http://bit.ly/JPDAQAPhysP4
- Topic P5 Electricity in the Home: http://bit.ly/JPDAQAPhysP5
- Topic P6 Molecules and Matter: http://bit.ly/JPDAQAPhysP6